Question
Posted by: What a waste | 2008/08/20

Try reporting child abuse/neglect

I posted earlier this week. What a mission. The ladies at the " call centre"  point you from person to person to person. It' s actually sickening. What proof do I have ? None except what my ears hear every night.

I even know the scales or degrees of how the child cries and what happens next!

I think the Human RIghts Commission ought to recognize the existence of most "call centres" as a flagrant abuse of human rights, as in the case of our awful City Council, they are designed very specifically NOT to help the caller, but to frustrate them and drive them away, so as to enable the mediocre folks beyond the call centre, to rest undistuebed.
So sorry to hear of your frustrating experience. I'm not sure which buncgh of inadequates you called ; try Child Welfare, Child Line, the social workers in child welfare, and indeed the Human Rights commission. Continue to make a noise --- such negligence by those paid to safeguard kids is intolerable !

2
Posted by: Sad | 2008/08/21

Shocking....

Reply to Sad
Posted by: Lolo | 2008/08/20

it is the so called justice system or proceedure, so boring.

try to call child welfare social workers

Most children who come to the attention of child welfare social workers do so because of any of the following situations, which are often collectively termed child maltreatment or child abuse:

Neglect (including the failure to take adequate measures to protect a child from harm)
Emotional abuse

Reply to Lolo