Posted by: Confuzzled | 2009-06-24

Truth of dreams

Background: An on/off partner of 8 years who was found out being unfaithful once. Couples therapy 12 sessions last year. The shrink said to me: He' s the biggest narcissist I' ve met.
At 2am this morning, he leaned over (I was already awake due to stormy weather) and whispered in my ear: " A clever man only gets cought out once"  in a sultry voice and took my hand and placed it on his crotch at the same time. First I thought he was awake and just being mischievous. I asked what he was talking about. His language turned to mumbling. I again asked who he was speaking to but no reply. He was fast asleep. I awoke him and told him of this. I was upset and just lay awake quietly. Ten minutes later he too could not now sleep and asked if I was still upset about what he uttered in his dream. He then tried to be all sweet/playful and even gave me the rundown of some arbitrary dream he DID " remember"  having - it had nothing to do with what was whispered to me. Is there truth in such dreams or am I just paranoid? :-(

Most people have heard of Sleep-Walking, and inded Sleep-Talking also occurs, and what is said may be random or related to dream content. Such dreams do not reflect reality ( except perhaps by accident ) so maybe you're being a bit more suspicious than wouild be useful to you. Have there been any other signs during his waking life that would lead you to have similar suspicions ?

Posted by: Ja | 2009-06-25

When my wife has a dream about me doing something she doesnt like she stays pissed-off for days! How freakishly odd is that?!?!?

Reply to Ja