Question
Posted by: Nonnie | 2009-09-14

Trust issues

I am not sure if my husband is cheating again. What makes it worse is that I am helpless, because he will never let me leave. I admire people that can take the plunge and go for a better life. I am unable to do so. The fact that he is a good father to his kids is the deciding factor, I guess. But I still feel worthless and uncared for. I might just be paranoid. Last year I ended up in hospital due to depression caused by his cheating, which he denied. He told me that he was only friends with a colleague, but then I saw an email on his PC where she replied to a mail that he sent her the previous year, declaring his love for her. He said that he did not know how this email came to his PC, that he never wrote it. Recently, someone sms me that he was having an affair with an ex colleage and that he fathered a baby with another! He denied this and said that someone was spreading false rumours. I don' t know how to handle it anymore. I have become even more suspicious and checks his wallet for payment receipts and his cell phone for messages. I wish I could stop and just pretend that everything was fine. From the outside it looks as though we have everything, but I feel so lonely.

Any advice?

Ideally, you should see a marriage counsellor together, and if he genuinely believes he is entirely innocent and some other malicious person is trying to create false impressions and spoil your relationship, then he ought to be interested on working on sorting this out with you.
But at leasxt you yourself should see a good local counsellor / therapist for yourself, to improve your self-esteem and confidence, and to explore your options vbefore deciding what will be best for you.