Posted by: Anon12 | 2013-02-19

truest Intentions

Hi Cs,

I was in a relationship 5 years ago but things ended badly (and during the course of this I found out that I was 16 weeks pregnant), told him about it but then he denied being the father, so I just moved. So after my son was born and six months old my ex in laws demanded paternity test which I allowed and it confirmed that he was the father and thereafter I decided to put my son''s interest first and allowed them into his life again. But recently me and my son''s father started to communicate again and he told me that he wants to be with me again.

So my question is how do I truly know what his intentions are and if I should allow him into my life again?

Its not necessarily at all in the child's best interests to allow back into his life an irresponsible and uncaring guy who simply happens to be he reluctant biodad. You don't at all know what his intentions are, or how he will behave - his previous behavious while far from infallible is the best guide you have available as to how he will continue to behave. More realistically, go to Maintenance Court and arrange for him to be required to pay full reasonable maintenance for the child. If he balks at this, you wopuld have further clear evidence of the shallowness of his feelings for both of you

Posted by: Dodi | 2013-02-19

Why now, thats my question. he will never change if u want to suffer do it again.

Reply to Dodi