Question
Posted by: Althea Petzer | 2010-11-05

Troublesome Teen

Possible bullying at school and refusing to attend school

Gosh, we do seem to be getting some very TERSE questions here lately ! Have you discussed the situation with her teacher and head teacher ? They might identify the bullying and help to stop it. A psychologist recommended by the school or counsellor, could help chat with the student and clarify what is hapenning, as one can of course only plan how to solve a problem once one is reasonably sure what it is

2
Posted by: Althea | 2010-11-09

I have spoken to the headmaster as well as the Register teacher who helps students in the school to see a counsellor. She has seen the counsellor a couple of times but now just firmly believes that it is no use. She has medication to help control her moods but refuses to take them as she believes they do not work. They do, but she won''t notice. She has already lost about 2 weeks of school as she refuses to go. I am of the opinion that she tells me about the bullying thing as an excuse to not go to school. She lies so much I am not sure what to believe anymore. End Exams start next week Monday. I need her to, at least finish Grade 8 (Standard 6)!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any further advice will be appreciated.

Reply to Althea