Question
Posted by: Jay | 2009/05/18

Troubled sleep

I sleep for only short periods and wake up exausted. I have disturbing dreams and hear knocking at the door. I often go to the door and there is no one there. I am taking a multi vitamin each day. Drinking a non caffiene energy tab a day. I work from 6am to 10.30 pm 6 days a week. Live alone in west africa. 48 years of age. male.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

There are many possible reasons, but the easiest one to sort out if you are far away from high-tech care is a depression. Perhaps you should discuss going onto an antidepressant for a month or two. If that does not work, you will need to be evaluated by a sleep doctor.