Question
Posted by: troubled | 2010/02/24

troubled

hi cybershrink, the past 2 months have been very painful,stressing and frustrating for me, i was actualy involoved in an accident and am financially struggling till now. am experiencing headaches, cry unnecessary, dont sleep, moody and neck pains.
am afraid that i might head to depression. is it really depression? please advise

I have a good idea what this is like, having been through it myself. Accidents, suffering and all the aspects of recovery, can be depressiong ; and depression is a very efficient amplifier of pain and other unpleasan symptoms. It is not at all uncommon to experience depression after an accident, and proper management of this is usually very successful and can help with healing in general, as well as making pain control, etc., easier to achieve. Consider seeing a psychiatrist for assessment and treatment advice, or at least a really good GP. TO my mind, the best treatment is a combination of CBT-style counselling / therapy, and antidepressant meds.

1