Posted by: Christo | 2012-10-10

Trouble swollowing

I am a male, 51 years of age. Since I was 42 I started experiencing trouble to successfully swallow my food. During certain times of my life it''s worse than others. I sometimes get a air lock after I swallowed food. It is very painful. To get rid of the bubble sooner, I started to swallow liquid, which sometimes help. But on two occasions it lead me to choke on the liquids and I am lucky to still be alive. I have a torn hernia and experience reflux frequently. Any suggestions ? What causes the bubbles ? Is it a physical problem ?

Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

Hello Christo,
As I suggested to your previous question (Afrikaans), I suggest you see your GP or better still, a gastroenterologist.