Question
Posted by: Racoon | 2008/08/01

Tritium exposure during pregnancy

I work in a cell laboratory, and occasionally work with tritiated glucose. I know the dosage is very low, but where can I find out if it is safe during pregnancy? I am now 14 weeks pregnant.

Expert ImageWorkplace health expert

Hi Racoon - you have me stumped. I have no knowledge of this agent. Have tried to source some info - unsuccessfully. What you should do - is insist that your employer complies with legislation and provides a full and complete Material Safety Data Sheet which would provide you with the required information. The employer also, mandated by law, must do a Health Risk Assessment on your behalf as you are pregnant.