Question
Posted by: BM | 2008/11/25

TRISOMY

Good afternoon,

My baby was diagnosed with trisomy13 and my gynae terminated my pregnancy at 19weeks. This was in january. I am now pregnant again - in my first trimester and only seeing my gynae next month.

Could you tell me what are the odds of having another baby with trisomy? Are my odds greater because of the previous one? Im already 35yrs old - but completely healthy. Im planning on doing am amnio again when I hit my 2nd trimester - but do you think I have to be worried?

Thank you for you time.

Your chances are higher than someone who has not had a baby with T13, but still relatively low.