Question
Posted by: Daniel | 2011/07/05

Triplets/twins

Hi Doc,

Hope you can help. For interest sake I would like to know if I have an increased chance of having twins or triplets one day??? My grandfather (moms side) is an identical twin. My own father is an identical triplet. Getting married in November, should I prepare for the worst?

Yes you do have an increased chance.

2

Yes you do have an increased chance.

No, multiples are from the mother''s side. To have identical twins or triplets the egg needs to divide and the sperm has no control over this. Fraternal twins or triplets are a result of multiple eggs being releases. Again, the sperm has no control over this.