Question
Posted by: Tess | 2010/11/18

Triplet Pregnancy and pain management

Hi Doc,

I am almost 26 weeks pregnant and am experiencing a lot of pain in the groin area. I am even struggling to walk right now as the pain is bad.

What can I do? I spoke to my doctor at my last appointment on the 9th Nov. At that time, the pains started but were not as bad as they are now.
He said it was normal as I was carrying 3 babies. He said I could make it another month at work, I am finding this so difficult right now. I am in pain and so exhausted, I am practically falling as leep at my desk.

Please advise doc. Should I listen to my body and take a few days off, or should I just stick it out at work for another 2 to 3 weeks since my doc says he will put me off around 28/29 weeks.

I just don''t know if I should even call the doc and mention the pain again.

All the symptoms of pregnancy are increased with triplets. As long as you are not having contractions, the pain is most likely from ligament stretching. I can't tell you whether to take off work or not,you will have to decide what you are able to cope with.

2

Posted by: Shoes | 2010/11/19

Hi Tess,

I think you should take it easy. I was carrying a single baby and at 20 weeks could not walk. Your body releases hormones to make your ligaments stretch and mine went into spasm, making it impossible to walk. Take it easy, you can work for as long as you wish, once the babies are out.

Reply to Shoes