Question
Posted by: gina | 2009-07-18

tripilene and palpitations

Dear Doc
I have alwasy had palpitations since i can remember, but now they are happening every day sometimes one after the other, the doc gave me some sublingual tablets but they dont help, could it be because i started taking trepiline at night? I am not depressed but I have osteo arhtiritis in my neck and they prescibed it for this condition. the tablets are helping the pain, and I have been taking it for about 4 months, the frequent palpitations started about 3 weeks ago, could it be the tablets? the other night it lasted almost 1 hour and half, and i had taken the sublingual tabs but it did not help, and I was not sure if I could take another one... please help.

Gina

I suggest that you consult a cardiologist and to stop taking the Trepilene. The cardiologist will monitor/assess the condition of your heart and treat the palpitations.