Posted by: ZzZ | 2009-02-11

Hi Doc,

Do I need a prescription for Triphasil or can I buy it over the counter? If I do need a prescription is there any other contraceptive pill that I can buy over the counter?

Thanks! :)

Dear ZzZ
One usually need a prescription for any contraceptive tablets or you need to get it from a birth control clinic (like at Dischem or municipal clinics) as you need to be examined before a prescription can be given. A full history needs to be taken and blood pressure needs to be monitored. Birth control pills are not without side effects - you can develop nausea, headaches, acne, increased blood pressure, breast tenderness, bloating, weight gain, worsening migraine and depression. Some side effects can even be serious and life threatening like thrombosis.
Most doctors will give you a repeat prescription for a few months if you are found to be healthy and suitable to use contraception tablets.

What if I loose 1 pill, for example on the floor, and I cannot find it or even forget to drink one day' s pill?

Posted by: zanie | 2009-03-24

not on the same day sorry?

Reply to zanie
Posted by: zanie | 2009-03-24

Hi i am on the pill for 6 months now and every month i sart in the red but noy on the same day?

Reply to zanie