Posted by: Bee | 2012-03-28

Triphasil / Trigestrel Oral Contraceptives - Are they harmful???

I have heard some bad things about Triphasil / Trigestrel Oral Contraceptives, more bad things about Triphasil but I hear the latter is basically exactly the same pill so I assume the rumours are about Trigestrel too. I hear they cause cysts and that a high number of woman battle to fall pregnant long after they have stopped taking them. Is this true? Am I messing with my chances of having children in teh future? I am 21 years ol and I have been taking these contraceptives for at least 5 years.

Not true at all. They actually help prevent benign cysts and there is little delay in return to fertility.