Question
Posted by: Bee | 2012/03/28

Triphasil / Trigestrel Oral Contraceptives

I have heard some bad things about Triphasil / Trigestrel Oral Contraceptives, more bad things about Triphasil but I hear the latter is basically exactly the same pill so I assume the rumours are about Trigestrel too. I hear they cause cysts and that a high number of woman battle to fall pregnant long after they have stopped taking them. Is this true? Am I messing with my chances of having children in teh future? I am 21 years ol and I have been taking these contraceptives for at least 5 years.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Bee

Ovarian cysts are common in women during reproductive years. Some birth control pills (including Triphasil) are effectively used in preventing cysts as they are associated wit a decreased incidence of functional ovarian cysts. The percentage of reported cysts in persons taking OC's such as Triphasil are also small (<1%) and therefore, in my opinion, the product is unlikely to be directly blamed for ovarian cyst formation.

17
Posted by: sammy | 2014/01/31

I have been using triphasil for the past four months,now all of a sudden I dd not go on ma period as usual after finishing the last pack and I'm 4 days late.plz advise I'm so worried!

Reply to sammy
Posted by: snara | 2013/12/16

guyz cnt u jst abstain and stop using these drugz.God ddnt make u 2 use these dirty thngz

Reply to snara
Posted by: Khali | 2013/10/14

I have being using trigestrel pills for about 3 yrs now so i wanna stop and try for a baby what can i do...

Reply to Khali
Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/08/21

hi,ive had breakthrough bleeding,used cyklocapron to stop the bleeding.it is now minimal but im almost due tfor my injection,i want to switch to the pill cause I also want to have a normal period each month.clinic sister gave trigestrel to help stop this ongoing bleeding is this a good option,ima also having this uncomfortable feeling at my raight side would really like to know what that can be need advice

Posted by: berlinah | 2013/08/12

is it possible to fall pregnant just by missing a pill nd had unprotected sex

Reply to berlinah
Posted by: berlina | 2013/08/12

Is it possible to fall pregnant just by missing a pill for a day nd had unprotected sex?

Reply to berlina
Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/07/27

Does trigestrel suppress libido levels in certain woman? And if so, can it go from bad to worse the longer they use it?

Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/07/27

Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/07/27

Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/07/04

BEEN USING TRIGESTREL FROM APRIL THIS YEAR I HAVE TAKING MY PILL AT NIGHT AS THE NURSE TOLD BUT ON DIFFERENT TIME. HOW ARE MY CHANCES OF GETTING PREGNANT, COS I HEAR PPL SAYING THAT IF YOU DNT STICK TO ONE TIME OF TAKING IT THEN CHANSEC OF GETTING PREGGIES ARE HUGE HOW TRUE IS THT.

Posted by: Liezel | 2012/07/25

Good day
Can you please pescribe a Contraceptive pill for me,i have high blood and are on Pur-Blocka 40mg.I am on the injection for
3 years and want to change to the pill,the clinic describe HY-AN but im scared i will get pregnant on it,cause i heard is it a mild contraceptive pill .what about triphasil or trigestrel?

thank you

Reply to Liezel
Posted by: Amelia | 2012/07/04

Hello,

I have recently consulted a doctor as I am planning on having another baby. He suggested that I should start using Trigestrel contraceptives to balance my hormones. Is this correct as I thought the pills were used for birth control.

Reply to Amelia | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: LeeM | 2013/11/28

Hello Amelia, I actually visited my doctor yesterday as i want to have a baby and he also prescribed Trigestrel. He says it will balance my hormones and i've also known this pill to be for birth control. I guess it also applies in our case. I was quite sceptical on using it, but i guess since other doctors are suggesting Trigestrel, let me try it.

Posted by: Suzzan | 2012/05/30

HAI WAT I MUST DO IF I TOOK A RONG PILL FO INSTEANCE IF I TOOK A WHITE PILL INSTEAD OF A YELLOW PILL?

Reply to Suzzan
Posted by: Nelly | 2012/05/12

Hi,Triphasil and Trigestrel is the same.

Reply to Nelly
Posted by: pharmacist | 2012/03/29

Hi Bee

Reply to pharmacist