Question
Posted by: Bee | 2012/03/28

Triphasil / Trigestrel Oral Contraceptives

I have heard some bad things about Triphasil / Trigestrel Oral Contraceptives, more bad things about Triphasil but I hear the latter is basically exactly the same pill so I assume the rumours are about Trigestrel too. I hear they cause cysts and that a high number of woman battle to fall pregnant long after they have stopped taking them. Is this true? Am I messing with my chances of having children in teh future? I am 21 years ol and I have been taking these contraceptives for at least 5 years.

Bee

All oral contraceptives pose a risk for severe headaches, blood clots, cardio-vascular disease and stroke. Oral contraceptives can be used to treat the formation of ovarian cysts. Some people do struggle to fall pregnant after taking oral contraceptives but some people fall pregnant within the first month. I therefore, sincerely doubt that it will influence your chances of falling pregnant in the future. There are other forms of contraception that you can discuss with your gynaecologist.

38
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/07/25

Started using trigestrel lastweek and I have the.worst burning and itchy sensation of my vigina... I switched from the injection to the pill purely for my irregular period...how long does this last for..???? Is there something I can take to help with the burning...

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/07/04

Hi I have being using triphasil now am using trigestrel I have a month now since using than I have loosed weight a lot what can I do to get back to my normal weight and I also have too much water retention cameing out

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/07/04

Posted by: Zamo | 2016/06/15

Hi I was using triphasil pills for over two years now and when I go for refill I found trigestrel pills so I want to know if they are the same or am taking a risk of falling pregnant.

Reply to Zamo
Posted by: Zamo | 2016/06/15

Reply to Zamo
Posted by: Zamo | 2016/06/15

Reply to Zamo
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/05/31

Hey I 25 years old. I stopped using tryphasil pills last year and started again yesterday.I had sex with my partner yesterday the condom blusts could I fall pregnant?

Posted by: Dineo | 2015/08/31

Can I use triphasil to clear acne .

Reply to Dineo
Posted by: Mss Sassy | 2015/04/01

Hie am 19 years old i've been using Trigestrel for two month,this month i slept with my partner,so why my period is delayed?

Reply to Mss Sassy | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/04/28

Sometimes your period gets delayed, it's even possible to skip a month. It's difficult to say because Triphasil is different for everyone.

Posted by: Mss Sassy | 2015/04/01

Reply to Mss Sassy
Posted by: shelly | 2014/12/13

How does it work?

Reply to shelly | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/08/14

i am a week and 2 days on trigestral i take my pill every day but there is days that i take it 20 min or n hour later, will it be broblem ?

Posted by: Leigh | 2014/11/10

I have been off the trigestrel for 2months now how long will it take for me to get pregnant... My Fiance and I r planning a family and we waNna start as soon as possible.. Help!!!!

Reply to Leigh
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/10/28

I have recently switched to triphasel due to the fact that Dis chem cant get hold of any trigestil. But this month i have picked up weight like crazy, my blood pressure went skyrocket, i feel light headed and i have very bad mood swings. Plus i am always tired. It 9 am in the morning and it feels like im ready to pass out. My energy is like a 0. I never use these problems.

Posted by: Mapula sehata | 2014/10/24

I hv sex wth my husband and nw i dnt see my period so i take a pill.it is possible 2 see my period?

Reply to Mapula sehata
Posted by: Pontsho | 2014/09/15

I've been using Trigestrel for almost 3 months now but I'm confused lately cause I'm on the red pills but I don't have my period yet ,what seems to be wrong I'm I pregnant or what?

Reply to Pontsho
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/08/20

i have used the triphasil for many years and never had a problem but now all of the sudden i dont get my periods and i am on the red pills is that a problem

Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/06/05

Am 22 yearz old and it my first time usind the pills and bit worried nw already drunk 3 red pills bt no periods yet is thid normal or I should wait? Plz help

Posted by: pamela | 2014/05/28

hi ive been to my periods for 4 weeks nw so theve advised me to use da trigestel pills so dat it stops is true?

Reply to pamela
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/05/07

hi ive been using trigestrel for 2days is it possible 4me 2get pregnant if i have sex,emmidiately afta 2days...i nvr used any contraceptive b4....plz

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/11/11

You unsafe for 2 weeks after taking your pill. Also unsafe for 2 weeks after taking any antibiotics or if you have any gastro vommiting etc.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/05/06

Hi me n my partner hav been trying 2hav a baby for 2yrs nw 2day I went 2 aclinic a they gav me a trigestrel contraceptive they said it wil help me conceive fast is there any1 who knws abt it plz help

Posted by: Delene (28 yrs old) | 2014/04/24

I've only been on Trigestrel for about 2 weeks now & have had so many side effects its painful ! Went from having flawless skin to having terrible acne Total loss of sex drive Cravings yet loss of apitite But the worst side effect of all is the continual vaginal itch & dryness. No matter what do, even tried several topical creams it just won't go away. Regret ever going to the clinic & accepting these pills. Trigestrel is BAD news!

Reply to Delene (28 yrs old)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/04/09

I have been using triphasil/ trigestrel for over 10 yrs now and never had any problems.. whereas with the injection I bleed every single day of my life non stop.

Posted by: Kedibone | 2014/04/08

I have been using Trigestrel for years and my only problem is that when its that time of the month I only see a drop of blood after taking the last Red pill, I think this is abnormal because the period pain are so strong. Please help - is it wise to change to another type of pill.

Reply to Kedibone
Posted by: Khitha | 2014/03/22

Hi guys, I've been using trigestrel for like 7months now. . And I'm scared that it may cause breast cancer. . Can it cause it in such a period of time? Please email me zckomani@gmail.com I really wanna know cause now, I wanna stop. . I don't wanna make a mistake that will cost me my life

Reply to Khitha
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/03/17

Hi i was on injecting for3 years now i left it and i am using trigestrel pill just to get my body back on track wil i get pregnant and how pls help 0781287809 ppl cn whats app me and help me right

Posted by: Nicky | 2014/03/17

Reply to Nicky
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/03/14

I want 2 know if I may use vita aid with the Trigestrel

Posted by: PDM | 2014/03/07

Hi if I forget to take a pill fr a nyt ad went to hv sex wth my partener is it possible fr me to fall pregnant jst fr one day

Reply to PDM
Posted by: Lolly | 2014/03/03

Is it possible 2 delay my periods using trigestrel

Reply to Lolly
Posted by: gift tinyiko | 2014/03/02

my mom is beign taking these trigestrel.bt may dad is beign gone for 6 months.does dis may mom she.s seing someone nor she.s still using them to protect her for wat dey did last 6 months

Reply to gift tinyiko
Posted by: gift tinyiko | 2014/03/02

Reply to gift tinyiko
Posted by: bangi | 2012/05/28

Does trigestrel cause weight gain. i have been on it for about 10 months and there has been changes in my weght.

Reply to bangi
Posted by: vathiswa | 2012/05/17

I''m 27 nd using Trigestrel,can it clears my acne

Reply to vathiswa | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Fifi | 2014/02/06

I went from Yaz to Trigestrel(lost my job and had totake what was offered at the local clinic) and my skin went from FLAWLESS to having zits all over my forehead. To clear your acne stick to Yaz, Ortho Tri-Cyclen, Yasmin or Estrostep.

Posted by: Neo | 2012/04/26

If all contraceptives pose such risks,why are we let to take them knowing the risk... iam 22yrs and just started on trigestrel but reading peoples views and feedback i believe i made a wrong decision taking oral contraceptives. we do not take going to the gynaecologist as an option cause you will have to get them at a chemist which is a long term expense,where at a public clinic its free and thy gv us dis trigestrel.

Reply to Neo