Posted by: ANONYMOUS | 2008-11-05

I' ve been using TRIPHASIL for the past 6 years. I' m supposed to start with a new pack tomorrow but my supplier is out of stock. They gave me NORDETTE, which is not as strong as Triphasil. Will there be any side affects if I drink NORDETTE? I don' t know where to start on the packet as it has no days of the week. I only have one packet of NORDETTE. My supplier should have TRIPHASIL by next week. Should I start with NORDETTE and finish the packet and then start with TRIPHASIL again? Or should I just leave the NORDETTE and wait for TRIPHASIL? Thanks.

This chopping and changing can leave you unprotected for a few days. You would have to use extra precautions for a week in any event, so it may be best to just wait for the Triphasil. Otherwise you should take the full pack of Nordette and then go back to Triphasil the next month. You would have to use extra protection at the changeovers though.

Posted by: Nixs | 2009-06-22

I am not keen to go on HRT. I had a hysterectomy (only the womb removed - kept the ovaries) 8 years ago. In March ' 09, I started with hot flushes - first thought I was sick - only to realise it was menopause. If I went back on the pill would that be better than HRT? I do not have HBP. Thank you

Reply to Nixs
Posted by: TI | 2009-02-05

I want to star using a pill since fiance and I are not ready for to have kidz until our wedding day.

where do I start? which pills to use?

Reply to TI
Posted by: ANON | 2008-11-06

Thanks for the reply and advice Mel.

Reply to ANON
Posted by: mel | 2008-11-05

hello i have been on nordette for years and have no side affects, i would say finish off the pack of nordette then start yr triphasil once yr period is done
you start nordette on the top left hand corner where that lille cicle is and just follow the arrows

Reply to mel