Question
Posted by: Marijke | 2006/03/02

Q.

Triphasil - how can I "postpone" period

I use Triphasil as contraceptive and my period is due Tuesday, 7 March. BUT we are going on a sea vacantion for one week only, starting Saturday and I would really like to postpone my period. can this be done? I unfortunately don't have the Triphasil pamphlet to read up on this as I get my tablets from the local clinic.

Expert's Reply

A.

Just skip the placebos and carry on with the next pack. This does not always work with Tripashil though as it contains three different types of pills.

6
user comments

C.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/09/17

I want to know if it will cause any damage to my body if I must skip the red pill. I am going on holiday next month but do not want my period to come.how do I go about it.please would you give me some tips on wat to do

Posted by: jessica | 2014/06/09

It is possible for me to get pregnant if I slept with my BF at de same day that I started taking triphasil pills?????

Reply to jessica
Posted by: anonymous | 2014/05/27

hy,i skippd my periods but i hav been taking the pills evryday,hw do i make my period again

Reply to anonymous
Posted by: Sammy | 2006/03/02

Saw this on the gynae doc site:
You are only able to delay your period by one week with triphasil. Heres what you do:

When you get to the end of the brown pill, I think that's on a Friday, take a new packet of pills and start on the Saturday of the brown again. Note the brown preceeding the red.

This way you fool your body into thinking you still have another weekd. You must only do it for one week. My gynae explained this to me and it worked like a charm.

I skipped the red before and it was an absolute nightmare. Call your local family planning clinic if you want to confer what I've just advised.

Reply to Sammy
Posted by: AL | 2006/03/02

hi guys,
I have heard of girls doing it, my friend does this all the time, i have always been far to scared to try it, does it not do any damage to your body, or you could fall pregnant easier?

Reply to AL
Posted by: Hi | 2006/03/02

Skip your inactive pills ( the red ones) and go straight to the active ones after that (think they are brown.) So if your red pills start on Friday, go to the next Friday pill and take that. It worked for me when I got married in December. Skipped my period completely.

Reply to Hi

Want to comment?