Question
Posted by: Minie | 2009-11-13

Triphasil

Dear Doc,
I just want to know, does the Triphasil pill have any affect on a women' s sex drive? I am on this from last year September, and if my husband and I are trying, it' s always from my side, I never get wet down there anymore. Your advice would be appreciated.

Minie

There can be a colleration between the oral contraceptive and the effect that the medication has on a woman's sex drive. It is known that the pill decreases the amount of testosterone in a woman's body. This hormone causes an increased blood flow to the woman's sexual organs and heightens her experience.

Consider using the condom diaphargm or an intra-uterine contraceptive device. Changing oral contraceptives may also be beneficial.

Do remember that if you are in a longterm relationship, it can also have an effect. Try mixing things up to make it a fun experience.

1
Posted by: Anon | 2009-11-13

Hi there.

I was on Triphasil too. My Doc told me that it does lower the sex drive, it makes you pick up weight, and it ups the blood pressure. He recommended a different pill, and I could feel the difference within 2 months. I also lost a few kilos.