Question
Posted by: No Clue | 2008/07/29

Triphasil

I have been on Triphasil for 9 years, since i was 16, i have been off it now for about 2 weeks. Can you tell me if you are very fertile after being on the pill so long, or will it take a while to fall pregnant? Please advise. Thank you

Dear No Clue

Being on the pill for so long does not make you more fertile. However, being on the pill also will not contribute to having difficulty in falling pregnant once stopping it. It differs from person to person as to how long it would take to conceive after stopping Triphasil. On average about 70% of couples will conceive within 6 months of stopping the oral contraceptive pill.

Answered by: Dr. Y. Dasoo