Posted by: JJ | 2009-04-08

Trigeminal Neuralgia

I am 48 year old -female and have been daignosed with Trigeminal Neuralgia in the begin 2006. had various pain block, had them trying to damage the nerve permently- no success and the finally in Sept 2008 had 8 and half hour operatio by neurosurgeon. The cut was done behind my right ear all my hair shave off, and i was painless until Dec 2008 - it is now back worst them ever. Is their any assisting groups withthis illness or chatrooms or any NEW ADVANCED MEDICAL news on this illness, as this pain is so severe and nothing takes it away. i live on taking a strong sleeppill at night and during the day 2 light sleeping pills. I was a very sucessfull business women- i had to leave my careeer in May 2008 and is till unfit to work. plus after the operation i am now also off balance when i walk and deaf in my right ear, PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE I AM DESPERATE TO GET HELP AND ADVISE LIFE IS STARING TO GET ME DOWN.

Dear JJ
In what area do you live? There are specialized pain clinics that may be able to help.