Question
Posted by: Zahrah | 2011/04/20

Tried everything not losing weight

i have tried everything and cannot lose weight.I have a weight loss shake for breakfast and a chicken salad for lunch. Ihave the shake, because I don''''t like eating breakfast.In the afternoon I usually have a small fruit salad and chicken or fish for supper. Because of I''''m finding it difficult to lose weight my Dr suggest I have my thyroid tested. The test showed that my thyroid is fine. Please advise.

Dear Zahrah
You don't mention how much you weigh in kg and your height in meters, so I can't judge if you are overweight or not and if you are, how much weight you need to lose. You say your thyroid function was tested and ok, so it is possible that you have some other condition that prevents weightloss. Insulin resistance and polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) can also prevent weightloss. Perhaps it would be advisable to ask your dr to refer you to an Endocrinologist (a dr who specialises in hormone disturbances) to see what other reasons there could be for you not losing weight. Adding exercise to a slimming regimen can sometimes do the trick, so if possible do try and start participating in some form of exercise (brisk walking, skipping, swimming, cycling, etc) for at least 30 min a day.
I hope you can determine why you are not losing weight.

1

Dear Zahrah