Question
Posted by: Nair | 2010/07/12

Trichotillomania

I''ve been suffering from Trich since i was 11. I''m now 30 and i''ve had ENOUGH! I can''t take it anymore. I can''t swim with my children. I can''t go out when it rains. I can''t shower for the fear of someone walking in and seeing me like this.

I need help desperately. I have always tried to stop by myself. Even going to far as to shave my head and wearing a wig. I tried to avoid taking medication as I heard horror stories.

But it''s obvious now that i can''t do it by myself.

Are there ANY medication which helps? How do i go about getting them?

Please i need help.

Some people do indeed find some meds help them to control this particular form of obsessive behaviour. But that's not the only form of treatment. Behaviour Therapy or CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) its most modern form, can also be highly effective in helping you to gain control of this. But you would need to be seen by a good local shrink, psychiatrist or psychologist, for a proper assessment, and to ask about both forms of treatment, talking and meds.

3
Posted by: anon | 2010/07/13

repost you r reply he doesnt come back to old post. :)

Reply to anon
Posted by: Nair | 2010/07/12

Thanks doc.

Can you perhaps suggest a doctor with experience in this field in the Johannesburg area?

I don''t have a lot of money to waste. And I have been to psychologists before that didn''t help in the least.

I really need someone who has dealt with trich and have had succesful results with them.

Reply to Nair