Question
Posted by: trial-lee | 2011-01-13

trials

Hi Dearest " old"  Cs how are you ?

i''ve been " chosen"  to take part in medical trials for someone who has MMD.

i dont want to f with my brain chemicals...is this the right thing to do?

Will this info help> ?

a multicenter, randomized, bouble-blind, parallel group, placebo conrolled, phase III, efficacy and safety study of 3 fixed dose groups ot TC-5214 (S-mecamylamine) as an adjunct to an antidepressant in participants with major depressive disorder who exhitit an inadequate response to antidepressant therapy

sponsor AstraZeneca AB, Sweden

www dot castrazencaclinicaltrials dot com......

i am lately coping for years now although i still have " episodes"  of major depression where i get suidical lately even thoughts of not just my own but my daughters too coz she''ll just be a burden to whomever " gets"  her (my sister) and if she goes to a home she''ll be abused or or or

Your expert opinion is hightly looked for an appreciated my dear friend.

hope kitty kat who replaced MM is still ok?

Love Mom

How am I " Feeling Older than ever. Old Age is being punished for a crime you haven't committed.
In any properly conducted drug trial, it is absolutely required that all participants will receive a full explanation of the procedures and the drug and its advantages, disadvantages, risks, etc.
Double-Blind means that it will be organized so that you won't know at the time whether you are receiving the active drug or the placwebo ( a safe but presumed inactive subtnace ) or which of the doses you are recieving, and neither will the doctors assessing you. This is to try to avoid either patients feeling better even if the drug is no good, just because they believe a new drug must be wonderful, and to avoid doctors rating you as better than you are similarly because they believe in the drug.
Apparently, from your quote, this is a trial of a new chemical ADDED to a normal AD, to see if it can boost one's response to the active AD.
Sounds like they have good reason to believe it is helpful, and this trial would be to find which dose is the most helpful. Sometimes within a trial, you might spend diferent periods either on the drug ( at whatever dose ) or the placebo, so they can compare how it benefitted you in a least 2 different combinations - they'd need to tell you about such variations.
AstraZenaca is a generally well thought-of major international drug company that has been around for years.
Check the details. Usually a drug company must ensure the trial to be sure anyone taking part is protected and helped if any problems arise, and if you respond usefully to the new drug, they usually ( though not always ) undertake to mcontinue to provide you with the new drug, free, for as long as you may need it.
I don't know this particular new drug, but it sounds as though it could be useful.
The cat is a joy, deeply affectionate. Except when she goes on heat, when she becomes a madly lustful cactus, clawing my legs in affection : her spaying was botched so they can't operate again.

1