Question
Posted by: Sammy | 2009/02/12

Trial of labour - natural birth after c

hi Doctor

Is trial of labour or natural birth after c-section available freely these days, or does it depend on your gynae and perhaps your medical aid? i would like to have a natural birth with my second child, my first child was c-section due to him being very big and the umbilical cord was around his neck.

Are there lots of success stories of trial of labour?
anonymous

The success rate of vaginal birth after caesarean is about 50%. It depends a bit on the circumstances. If your baby was big last time, it is likely that this one will also be big , and doctors would then not be keen to risk a labour.