Posted by: Anna | 2011-09-08

Trepiline and sleep

Dear Doc
From my gastroenterologist I have been given Nexiam in the mornings, Clopamon before breakfast and supper, Lenamet at night, 10mg of Trepiline before bed and 10ml Gaviscon Advanced. I have a hiatus hernia with Barrett''s oesophagus and reflux.

When I took 10mg of Trepiline at about 8pm, I was wiped out the next morning, so I reduced it to just 5mg, but I still feel very sleepy. I have been taking the Trepiline for 2 weeks now.

Do you think I am sleepy (sleeping very well all night, too) in the mornings because of the Trepiline?? The doc told me I should take a full 10mg for 2 weeks even if it made me sleepy, but I''m never going to be able to do this!

Thanks, regards.

Trepilene can cause you to be very sleepy. Rather stop taking the Trepilene if it affects your day to day activity.

Posted by: ibd warriorrr | 2016-02-05

The thing about trepiline is that you have to takevit 3 hours before bed time inorder not to be sleepy the next day. I take mine at 7pm then sleep at 10pm and get up at 6am. My chronic pain is a lot less since I started taking it. It makes you go into phase 4 sleep which your body needs to rest well and renew its cells. I'm also a GI patients. IBD, with fibromyalgia and and and.

Reply to ibd warriorrr
Posted by: Anna | 2011-09-13

Thank you very much, Sue and Dr Anrich!

Reply to Anna
Posted by: Sue | 2011-09-09

Hi Anna,

I''ve been on Trepiline since 2003 - for chronic migraines. I also take 10mg daily at night. It does knock you at first, but your body soon gets used to it - you just have to persevere. Try taking it at 6pm instead of 8pm, then you wont wake up feeling drugged.
The reason you sleep well with Trepiline is because it changes your sleep pattern, so you sleep deeper, which makes you feel more rested. Try and stick with it, its a little wonder tab.

Reply to Sue