Posted by: Jenny | 2009-01-27

Trepiline 25mg

Have been given Trepiline for nerve pain in back (have disk disease) and legs. It has taken away the pain but I tend to have side effects being the following: dizziness, feeling like I have been hit by a hammer on my head when getting up in the morning, this feeling stays with me all day!!! So the pain has gone but I feal awful.... what do you recommend? Thanks

Expert ImagePharmacist

Trepiline may indeed cause dizziness and postural hypotension - a sudden drop in blood pressure when you get up up too quickly from a sitting or standing position. This is usually transient and is resolved within a couple of weeks of treatment. If it gets worse or does not improve at all after a few weeks you'll have to consult your prescriber regarding its use