Question
Posted by: LABGIRL | 2011/05/30

TREPILINE

I have been using 2 x 25mg Trepiline for a few months, at night.
It helps me to relax and sleep well. Someone has told me that it can lead to weight gain, which I really don''t want. I have been battling to loose weight.
Is this true and if so, what can the doctor prescribe for me, instead of this? I don''t want to feel groggy in the mornings and I don''t what something that can lead to addiction.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi L

Yes, this antidepressant - and most others - may cause weight gain in SOME.

Your doc can prescribe one of many sedatives - e.g. Stilnox - which should not affect your weight.

All the best.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011/05/31

Hi L

All the best.

Reply to pharmacist