Question
Posted by: Gesiggie | 2010/04/06

Trepeline and Cipralex?

I am taking 50mg of Trepeline and 5mg Cipralex at night in stead of the 12,5mg Stillnox and Aterax. Now I have pains in my lower back and it feels like kidney pains.

could this be the reason? is the Cipralex and Trepeline a good combination?

I have never combined those two drugs, and I'm not sure what the reasoning was for your doc choosing to combine them - you'd need to ask him directly. But I don't see why they would cause the back pain you describe - your doc would have to check out other more likely causes of such back pain.
Trepiline is a sedative drug which can indeed help one to sleep, and is also useful in managing pain problems. I'm no sure that Cipralex is so useful in helping one to get to sleep in the sense of being usefully sedative, but its lso an antidepressant, and would improve sleep if the sleep disturbance was due to depression.
YOu are much better being off the Aterax, which is a very old drug I don't like to see used.

1