Posted by: maureen cunynghame | 2009-06-28

I know I drink too much wine. This causes my hands to shake. If I stop drinking, will the tremors stop?

Expert ImageArchive

The fact that your hand shakes could mean the alcohol has already started adversly affecting your central nervous system. This can stabalise (up to a point) if you completely abstain from alcohol - and also look at taking mineral/vitamin suppliments (particularly Vit B complex - many in recovery take Vit B complex (B12 in particular) injections in short succession - as Vit B complex, helps to regenerate your central nervous system. I would also strongly urge you to seek professional assistance from a mental health practitioner (psychiatrist, clinical psycologist, clinical social worker) - as there is a very strong likelihood that there are underlying psychologicall factors that are contributing to the advancement of your problem. Seek assitance soon ! You cant do it all alone...

Posted by: MDK | 2009-06-28

Tremors are associated with both with drinking and withdrawal.

The tremors may stop if you stop drinking, however seek the guidance of your GP or other medical professional with kicking the habit, as it is neither easy or particularly safe. There is a lot to be said for moderation, especially when it comes to the rate you try change your habits at.

Reply to MDK