Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/26

tremor

I am on Camcolit which has been fine. The only thing I don' t like is that I not get tremors. Is that normal? If so, what can I do to take it away?

Expert ImageArchive

Psychiatrist:
A mild tremor is a very common side effect of Camcolit (Lithium). It usually is worse the higher the dose of the Camcolit.

Propranolol (Inderal) is a beta-blocker which usually treat the tremor well. It cannot be taken by people suffering from asthma and certain other medical conditions.

My advice is to speak to your prescribing doctor and maybe start off by checking your lithium level and then consider Propranolol providing that there are no contra-indications.