Question
Posted by: Rob | 2010/11/23

Treatment for ulnar nerve preasure

After completing the 94.7 cycle race I have numbness in my pinky and ring fingers of my left hand which i''m sure is from ulnar nerve pressure. How is the best way to treat this? It has been 2 day since the race and my two fingers are still numb.

Rob

It is possible that your symptoms are due to ulnar nerve entrapment but it can also be due to nerve impinchment in the cervical spine. Consult a doctor for an examination and possible x-rays of your cervical spine, as well as a physiotherapist for possible treatment of muscle spasm in your neck and shoulders.

Refer to the following article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulnar_nerve_entrapment