Posted by: Wendy | 2009-07-07

Treatment for Panic Disorder

What treatments are available for panic disorder? What is the most effective?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Wendy
Panic can be treated with a variety of treatments. If neccersary a medical professional could be consulted on the possible use of various medications such as anti-anxiety and anti-depressants. These will the be discussed with you as to how they work , how long you should take them, side effects etc.
Talk therapy with a phychologist/councellor is useful in a number of ways eg. adressing thought patterns that mantain the state of anxiety.Relaxation techniques can be learnt as well in these sessions.Ways to minimize the influence of perceived danger and threat that panic brings are also considered. It has been reported that both treatments are effective but what would be most effective for you needs to be assessed by a professional in the field.
Kind Regards ,Lorna

Posted by: Shaheema Williams | 2009-07-10

Where and how does one get in contact with a counsellor / pshychologist, to actually be assesed.Money tight at the moment so cannot afford expensive treatments etc.Thanks

Reply to Shaheema Williams
Posted by: Yvette | 2009-07-09

Hi, I ave suffered from panic attacks for long time. Medication really helps but I have lost my libido. I am on Talomil. Is there any other medication I can use that does not have this side effect?

Reply to Yvette
Posted by: Charlene Kuresevic | 2009-07-09

I have a 19 year old daughter, when ever she thinks of her futher she starts to panic

Reply to Charlene Kuresevic