Question
Posted by: Ntsiki | 2012/07/23

treatment for burnt pink skin

My 20 month old son got burnt on his face and hands. The burn was superficial with some blistering. The burnt area is dry and now pink in colour. Will his normal colour return, and what cream should I use to speed up the healing and colouring?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Ntsiki, thank you for the question and I am sorry to hear about your son’s burn accident.

Typically young children heal extremely well and we do not see any evidnace of the burn years later but good care needs to be taken:
The burn must not become infected during healing so antibiotic creams should be used
During the healing phase the most important ‘treatment’ is complete sun avoidance (gloves & hat) and a good SPF 50 or higher that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide. Your best approach would be to see a dermatologist who can examine the skin and give you the best advice on ensuring perfect healing and for the pigment to return to its natural colour.
I would not put any scar or burn creams at all and just let the natural skin healing to take effect which may be as long as 6 months to a year.

3
Posted by: susan | 2012/08/14

I spend a lot of time out in the sun. I have not been in the habit of using a sunblock and now have brown patches on my skin, face and hands. (am a pensioner in age), is there anything I can use to remove these spots. and yes from now on I shall apply a good sunblock....

Reply to susan
Posted by: Ntsiki | 2012/08/03

Thank you so much.

Reply to Ntsiki
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2012/07/26

Reply to anti-ageing expert