Question
Posted by: daisy | 2011/03/07

Treatment for bags under eyes

hi doc
what is the best treatment for under eye bags, im 36yrs old
can filler be used to fill in the areas that need to be filled or is surgery my only option ?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Daisy, thank you for the question.

This is a difficult question to answer over the net as one would need to examine the areas of concern before deciding on the best treatment options.

My advice would be to consult a plastic surgeon and/or an aesthetic medical practitioner (with specific training and experience in the eye area) so that they can examine the area and decide on the appropriate treatment.

Generally speaking if there is not too much skin laxity and the fatty bag is mild to moderate one can definitely look at a combination filler and fractional skin resurfacing treatment option. If however the area is due to a genetic predisposition or the skin laxity is pronounced with a large fatty bag and poor ligamentous control one may have to consider surgery as one’s treatment option.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2011/03/08

Hi Daisy, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert