Question
Posted by: MSO | 2011/10/12

Treatment for abnormal uterine bleeding

Hi, i had on and off bleeding,in between periods for two months,saw a gynae who advised a D& C,dagnosis was that my uterine wall was quite thick and i had two options,drugs for 6months or a special coil in my uterus for 6months. A)Are these really my options?B)I feel as if the d& c shouldve been a last resort,am i right to think so?C)an ultrasound prior to the procedure revealed my uterus was enlarged and wasnt facing forward,any relations to the bleeding?what could be the cause and is it treatable?

There are various ways of approaching treatment and D&C is one of them. AT least now you have a diagnosis. I would agree with the options you have been given. The fact that your uterus does not face forward is not related to the bleeding, but the enlargement may be. I presume there are no fibroids causig this.

2
Posted by: Johanna van Eeden | 2011/10/19

My GP first prescribed an oestrogen supplement in May2011. It resulted right from the start with a continuous spotting. I mentioned this to my GP and he changed my prescription to Activelle. The spotting continued more frequently. I eventually started halving the pills, thus only taking half a dosage. This actually aggravated the situation. At the age of 60 I just don''t think this is normal and it is also affecting my lifestyle. Can you advise?

Reply to Johanna van Eeden