Question
Posted by: Maria | 2012/05/24

Treating medication induced constipation

I recently started taking Seroquel and it is causing constipation. Previously Remeron caused the same problem but not as badly. When I wasn''t using either of those the problem went away. I eat enough fibre, drink lots of water and get exercise. Changing the meds is not an option, I''ve tried multiple other meds to help me sleep and it didn''t work. Any advice for safely alleviation the digestive problem?

HOw very annoying ! Obviously, you really need o discuss this with your prescribing doctor. I know Seroquel can at times cause constiptation, but have not come across it causing constipation that didn't respond to the usual remedies, including fibre, water and exercise.

3
Posted by: Maria | 2012/05/24

Thanks Liza, I will try that! Always nice to know that you''re not alone. :-)

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Liza | 2012/05/24

I read the subject line and knew you were talking about Seroquel! Lol. I''m on the highest possible dose and also have constipation problems. The best way for me to reduce the problem, is to eat yoghurt twice a day (the kind with live cultures). Not sure if that would work for you, but I think it''s worth a try.

Good Luck
Liza

Reply to Liza