Question
Posted by: Maddy | 2008/08/18

Treadmill

Hi Doc, hope you can help me. I recently bought me a new treadmill ... the Troyjan Summit 300 ... had the Troyjan Voyager previously. But this Summit ... when standing flat on the floor .. the incline at 0 ... it definitely has a incline of about the same degrees as when my old one was on an incline of 3. I' m running uphill all the time ... wow ... it' s tuff! Do you perhaps know if this is alright ... cause Troyjan can' t really answer my question.

hI Maddy

Honestly, I don't know...I'm not familiar with the brands, so I don't know a specific model's attributes. It would be pretty odd for the treadmill to have a "natural incline" built into it. At least, if it did then they'd have factored that into the gradient settings. I guess you have to use your intuition on this one, and if you feel the incline is already 3, then you might need to try to set it at negative 2 or 3 to simulate level road running. Seems odd to me, but your perceptions will tell you how best to simulate road running or uphill running on it.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I guess you're going to have to play this one by ear.