Question
Posted by: Jeanie | 2012/11/23

Travelling with a cat

I am going away for the weekend and am thinking of taking my kitten with me. He is about 3 months old. What is the best way to travel with a cat. Does one still get old fashioned " wicker"  baskets that one could use?

It is a good idea to start making your cat used to a travelling basket from a young age. When you buy a basket (you still get wicker baskets from Vetshops), make him used to the basket by leaving it open for a few days. Allow the cat to climb in and out. After a while you can perhaps close the door for short periods and reward him with a snack when he behaves well.
You can also get advise and natural products from your veterinarian.