Question
Posted by: Creamy Sparkle | 2013/01/10

Travelling to work

Compliments everyone,long tyme hey,peeps i have decided that i should travel to work in the nxt months for abt 100km single trip,due to family pressures,hubby and me staying 100km apart he comes during weekend,but im not sure if it will be feaseble/sustainable (petrol,tiredness?)anynone with the same or know anyone with the same experience PLS help me with the advices....

6
Posted by: Creamy Sparkle | 2013/01/11

Ohk,thanks Amasi i will try dat....

Reply to Creamy Sparkle
Posted by: Amasi | 2013/01/11

I dont have any contacts but know that like in any area there are people traveling. If you can travel by taxi a week, then you can identify regulars and form a club. By the way, since you will be driving there wont be save in KM but on petrol.

6sl1wg

Reply to Amasi
Posted by: Creamy Sparkle | 2013/01/10

@Me u remember me well dear i will b travelling to wtb from PTA,EISH im busy applying for work that side,but im fed up abt wtb,those who know the living conditions of water i.e.water shortages,@Amasi i think i need to have contacts for that club so that i can save the km`s for the car if u have the dear,Thanks folks for the ideas....

Reply to Creamy Sparkle
Posted by: Amasi | 2013/01/10

Witbank - PTA? There is no traffic there unless there is accident so travel is 1hr.
There are daily travellers by taxi there (spare 2hrs). So join them.

While on it, you can get companions who can share a travel trip in exchange you drop them much nearer to workplace or pick them up nearer to home. Just thinking aloud.

x7f2ng

Reply to Amasi
Posted by: Me. | 2013/01/10

If I remember you on Witbank, will u be travelling to PTA? why not consider relocating? or will u be living in PTA and have to traelto Witbank for work?

Reply to Me.
Posted by: Amasi | 2013/01/10

I have friends (couple) who each travel about 80km (from south to north one to east) and have made peace with it.

I also have other friends where the husband travels 150km east while the wife travels 80km north.

I also have other friends where wife travels 140 east and husband goes 50 south.

My Point: There are some people doing it.

Doing it will have the following:
It will destroy your KM on the car. 100x2 x 5days is 1000. Then every two months you have to service the car.

Depending on our driving ability, you wont get that tired. i just dont like Gauteng traffic which will drain.

Consider public transport. As a surbubian, you can consider Gautrain if it is in your route. My friends who use it always praise KMs saved and reliability. If not, try alternative form of transport.

i7nk8s

Reply to Amasi