Question
Posted by: Sai | 2009/04/29

Travelling To America

My husband and i are travelling to America in June, we visiting Orlando is there any cause for concern regarding the Swine flu, and what injections and medications do we need to take for our trip?

Dear Sai
There are no vaccines for swine flu available. Because it is a new virus, we don't have immunity to it, so it can be dangerous and cause severe illness and death. It may have blown over by then, but if the epidemic spreads, and is still active by middle to end May I would advise you to postpone your travelling. Being cooped up in an airplane with strangers coughing over you for 12-16 hours is not what you need with such an epidemic doing the rounds.