Question
Posted by: jimmy jack | 2011/01/24

Travelling

Doc I have a problem

Everytime i travel i have the urge to go to the toilet. four years ago i wa stravelling with family and on the way i needed the toilet and had to use th bush and hardly after usign the bush like 20 km later i need the toilet again. it created an anxiety of travelling and i got over it and it stopped for a while. laste year novemebr it happned again luckily i managed to getto the bathroom. and it its been happening everytime i have to go somewhere i have to use the bathroom and this is not to pee but to poop.

Im tired of hiding . I just wish God cna help me on this one.

Well, I suspec God would agree that simple anxiety ( and some people do feel unreasonably anxious when needing to travel ) can both make one one's bowels ( and/or bladder ) actually more active so that one needs to pee or poop ; and can make one feel excessively aware of any bowel or bladder sensations so one would feel such a need unnecessarily, or the actual mild degree of need would be amplified and exaggerated so as to feel awfully urgent, when, if one was not paying attention to it and worried about it, you would probably not even think of it, or feel it, until later when there was a convenient opportunity.
And this tends to get worse in a cycle - if this happens even once, coincidentally, you feel increasingly anxious when you are going to travel, you anticipate and expect the problem to happen - and your anticipation and xtra anxiety make it more likely to happen. And the more often it happens, the more you expect it, and the more it happens. And so on.
What would be very likely to help most, would be to see a good local psychologist offering Cognitive-behaviour Therapy ( CBT ). This would help you to unlearn this most inconvenient habit you have learned. You would learn how to avoid becoming anxious in this way, how to deal with such anxiety when it arises, and how to regain a sense of control over bowels and bladder, so the problem need not recur.

5
Posted by: Rico | 2011/01/25

carry a potty along.......

Reply to Rico
Posted by: anon | 2011/01/24

you full of sh!t

Reply to anon
Posted by: jimmy jack | 2011/01/24

Thank you very much

Reply to jimmy jack
Posted by: Sam | 2011/01/24

In my experience God is not as clued up on bowel movements as a medical doctor.

See a doctor to rule out any physical reasons for your symptoms , if he does not find any maybe get refered to a shrink to see if its anything phycological.

Reply to Sam