Question
Posted by: Candy | 2012/01/27

Traveller''s Constipation

Whenever I go on holiday I am plagued with traveller’ s constipation. I generally try and eat fibre, yoghurt and fruit juices but it catches me every time. Usually the first few days I have no bowel movements and this is worrying and stressful and can last for up to 3 or 4 days even causing tummy cramps.. What is the best medication to take along with me to help me combat this problem. Also should I take it only when the problem sets in or can I take it from the first day to prevent this.

Expert ImageTravel expert

Dear Candy,

Movicol sachets would be your best bet starting on day 1, taking one per day!
Regards,
Pete