Question
Posted by: Dee | 2011-08-17

Traveling and trying to conceive

My husband and I are planning to go to Zanzibar in November. We have also been trying to fall pregnant over the last few months. I am not currently pregnant. What would be your suggestion re getting vaccinated and traveling to Zanzibar if we do fall pregnant? Should I get the vaccines now while I know that I am not pregnant and if so, can we still continue to try to conceive after the vaccine (next ovulation period in two weeks time)? What about malaria drugs?

What vaccines do you need? It is advised that you do not go to a malaria area if you are pregnant, so it would be best to either delay the trying to conceive till after your holiday, or cancel the holiday if you are pregnant then.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-08-19