Question
Posted by: dw | 2011/07/04

travel

Hi, I just give up. I was organising a trip to go meet my bf in Hong Kong but now my folks have offered me free accommodation in Orlando - US for my birthday. So I told my bf that I wont have enough money or leave to go to Hong Kong and the US and I would to go to the US. His comment was " I see" ..... that was it..... nothing more was said!!! Gosh I was paying everything to go and visit him, he was doing nothing from his side, so why am I feeling so bad about this?

Because it feels a bit selfish ( even if it is the right decision ) to acept the invitation to the USA ? Because you worry that you may have disappointed him, even if he doesn't directly say so ? We can't really comment, without far more facts than you can give here. Presumably he isn't in Hong Kong forever, so you two will be meeting again before long ? Maybe you've missed a good chance to visit Hong Kong - will that chance arise again ? Will there be more other chances to visit this part of the USA ?

4
Posted by: dw | 2011/07/04

Hi asking,
9 months together and 1 month in China and 1 month in SA. So there will be other opportunities to go to HK if we still together.

Reply to dw
Posted by: Asking | 2011/07/04

How long has be been your BF and is he permenantly in HK?

Reply to Asking
Posted by: Caro | 2011/07/04

He is disappointed. Money or not he was looking forward to having you visit and had probably told others that his girlfriend is visiting soon. Try to see it from his point of view and how you''d have felt under similar circumstances. try to talk to him lovingly about understanding where you''re coming from but that you understand if he is disappointed. Did you want him to throw a tantrum and try to convince you otherwise. I''m sure he didnt feel it was his place to do so as you were going to pay for the trip but I''m sure deep down his " I see"  means " I am hurt but am not in the position to say so" .

Reply to Caro