Question
Posted by: searching | 2008/06/03

Trauma Counseling

Dear Cybershrink,

I was recently involved in a hiacking and would like to find a counselor, can you assit/

Thanks,

Sorry, there's no way I could gain enough knowledge of all the counsellors in SA so as to be able to make a useful recommentation ( more so as you don't mention where you are !) But you are wise to recognize your need for counselling --- as others have said, do call FAMSA who can recommend some counsellors in your area, maybe identifying some with more experience in helping victims of trauma

2
Posted by: WILLI | 2008/06/03

I too was involved in a hijacking and I went to FAMSA
011 788 4784 082 231 0370 they are in Parkwood JHB no 1 Cardigan Road, if you are not in the area I am sure they can give you a contact no close to where you are.

Reply to WILLI
Posted by: Lin | 2008/06/03

Call FAMSA at (011) 975 7107. This is their national office telephone number. They will give you the number for the branch closest to you.
They do family AND individual counselling (as well as grief, divorce,ect)

Hope this helps
Lin

Reply to Lin