Question
Posted by: Jay | 2010/04/19

Trauma?

Good afternoon,

I have been through quite allot recently the last two months. My life was perfect. Had the girl of my dreams, car of my dreams everything a guy could even want. Then... Then my girlfriend left me for now reason other that perhaps she just doesnt want to be with me anymore. And then the badluck started... Small litlle things like something will brake or I must spend more money on something than I''m used to. There is always be something that goes wrong. Okay I decided not to stress about it too much and must just have faith in God to take me trough it all. Then I was in the proses of getting over my ex and my life slowly got back together untill I was hijacked yesterday morning at gun point. Luckily I wasnt hurt and also no one else that was with me. And I am still feeling okay at the moment but for one thing. Now I am starting to think about the ex girlfriend again and the hijacking. I''m trying to be strong and I''m telling myself I dont need counceling and at the moment I still cope. I would just like to know what advise you can give me and also what warning signs I must look out for about myself.

Thank you!

If the girl would leave you for such trivial reasons, you are well rid of her, and you only mistook her for the girl of anyone's dreams.
Thank goodness you weren't directly injuted in the hijacking - but this must have ben emotionally very upsetting for you, especially with the background of all these other problems.
Dont confuse working with a counsellor with somehow being weak - its a strong man who recognizes when he needs help and then gets the help he needs. Do seriously consider seeing a counsellor to help you get through this with increasd strengths in useful ways

2
Posted by: mr no | 2010/04/20

life is always tough, relationships will always bring you heartaches or happiness, and unfortunately we don''t have control over what might happen today or tomorrow.

With regard to your ex, if she doesn''t want you then rather let go even if it''s tough to let go. You will find someone new but don''t feel desperate otherwise you will not be ready to find another.

referring to the hi-jacking i would say that you should and i believe thankful that you came out of it not hurt. You will probably feel upset, frustrated and angry but if you don''t feel that you can control your emotions then go speak to a phycologist, but i believe that it does not matter how much obstacles life throws at you, that you should also be thankfull to breath the air every morning.

I hope you learn how to cope with pain and traumas because if you can it will make you a stronger person, but never stop praying to God as he is there for you.

Reply to mr no