Posted by: Taylor | 2012-11-15

Trapezius muscle tension

Hey doc

i have extreme pain in my trapezius muscles. I went to my gp which prescribed me pain medication 2 weeks ago and gave me two injections. It helped a bit but i can''t keep on drinking pain tablets just to not go crazy about the pain. Physiotherapy is mind blowing painful and after a few hours the spasms return.

I can''t go on like this anymore

I suggest that you consult an orthopaedic surgeon for a second opinion. Trepilene works very well to assist in controlling the pain and Valium is an excellent muscle relaxant, which can be taken at night. Also apply heat and cold compresses, at least 3 to 4 times daily.

Posted by: Taylor | 2012-11-15

Im 22 yrs old. I tried norflex, robaxin, myprodol, mypaid forte, voltaren suppositories.

The prescription drugs were stilpane and the injections was tramal and an anti inflammatory drug which name i can''t recall. I also tried massaging with deep heat and that kind of ointments.

My shiatsu massager really makes matters worse and my physio suggested that i take tennisballs and lie on it to create pressure on my trigger points, now im sure u know how agonising that felt and it still didnt work. I am so grumpy and depressed because of this pain!

Thanks in advance for replying.

Reply to Taylor