Question
Posted by: Belinda | 2012-05-18

transvaginal ultrasound

My new gynaecologist does a ultrasound as part of a routine exam, my question is, I would have thought the probe would be smaller, my gynaecologists probe felt like the size of a penis or vibrator, do they not have probes like a pencil, that one would feel less, than such a thick probe. I found it a bit uncomfortable, just because of the width and length of the probe, it felt like she was inserting a bibrator in me, what is the normal size of such a probe

Probes are not as thin as a pencil. What you describe sounds like the normal probe size.

2
Posted by: Lucy | 2012-05-21

It is also part of my routine exam, I think it is so they can see the ovaries, etc. I think the probe is 2 or 3 cm thick and about 15 cm long, if I am correct, gynaedoc will confirm, but I would think everything designed to go in the vagina must be similar in size and shape. I have never really thought about the size, maybe some gynaes have small probes, I dont know if there are different sizes

Reply to Lucy
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-05-21